EPSRC PhD Studentship in AI at City University

Hi,

We currently have 1 (or possibly 2) EPSRC PhD studentships at the
School of Informatics, City University, London, UK that we would like to
fill ASAP.

AI research at City covers a wide range of interests, e.g.

- Multi Agent Systems
- Neural Networks
- Data Mining
- Intelligent Optimisation and Evolutionary Computing
- Genetic Programming
- Logic Programming and Constraints
- Bioinformatics
- Music and Creativity

There is a *possibility* of a CASE award in the area of bioinformatics.

**** Those interested please contact me in the first instance. ****

The EPSRC eligibility criteria are (in *outline*):

- Applicant must be a UK citizen, or have a "relevant connection to the
  UK" (eg. been granted "indefinite leave to remain in the UK").

- Applicant must have a 2:1 honours degree in a relevant subject; or a 2:2
  + MSc; or equivalent.

EU students are eligible for a fees-only award (sorry!).

*** IMPORTANT - we have no other funding available so non-eligible
    applicants will be wasting their time ***

For the *definitive* guide to (the involved) EPSRC eligibility criteria
and terms of the studentship, you are directed to:

        http://www.epsrc.ac.uk/

Again please contact me if interested. They'll be snapped up soon so I
would RSVP ASAP...:-)

Andrew Tuson MA(Oxon) MSc(Edin) GRSC - Email: andrewt@soi.city.ac.uk

Lecturer, Department of Computing, City University, London, UK.