From: Felipe Luis Beck <fwursti@lcmi.ufsc.br>
To: Multiple recipients of list <gascheduling@sheffield.ac.uk>
Subject: Initail Hello, Initial Help
Date: Fri, Mar 19, 1999, 9:33 AM

 Hi.  I am Felipe Beck, a graduate student at the Federal
University of Santa Catarina, in the south of Brazil.  I am currently
conducting research on GAs having Dr. Stephan Thomalla, from the
University at Karlsruhe, as my advisor.  We are working on the general
job-shop scheduling problem.

 Since I just joined the list, I am following advice and
introducing myself.  But I also take this opportunity to request some
initial help from the members.  I need to find good articles which deal
with problem  representation, especially any representation which makes it
an easy translation to Gantt diagrams.

 If anybody has any interesting insights, please feel free to drop
me a personal note.  Internet links, proceedings, whatever.  Anything
helps.

 Thanks a lot.

 Felipe