Does anybody listen?

Hi. My name is Alejandro (Alex) Escalante Medina. I
subscribed to this list because I'm interested in
learning about the application of GA to the schedule
of delivery trucks (with several intrincacies). I'm
currently involved in a project that has an scheduler
that tries to solve the problem, but has several nasty
stability problems among other things. This is going
to be redone next year, and I'm learning whatever its
helpful because I'm going to be the one doing it.

I do not have previous experience with this kind of
algorithms, nor scheduling problems. I'm just a
system's programmer with luck (good or bad, you
choose).

Hope this helps as an introduction,
Alex