Grid/World Wide Computing Simulation tool.

Dear Colleague:

We are pleased to announce the release of GridSim Toolkit along with source
code. It is available for download from the GridSim Project website:
    http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/gridsim/
    http://www.buyya.com/gridsim/

GridSim, a Java based discrete event simulation package, supports modeling and simulation
of heterogeneous parallel and distributed systems (such as SMPs, clusters, P2P?, and
Grids), users and applications. It enables design and performance evaluation of scheduling
algorithms and systems. The toolkit provides concurrent entities for creation of
application tasks, mapping of tasks to resources and their management. It has a number of
concurrent entities that extend GridSim class to represent Grid Resource, Grid Information
Service (GIS), Grid Statistics, etc. The users also create concurrent entities such as
multiple Grid Users and Resources by extending the GridSim class. All entities can
communicate using Send and Receive primitives. A sample implementation of a Grid Resource
Broker that simulates Nimrod-G like scheduler is included in the current software release.

For further details, please see our project website or contact us by email.

The toolkit will undergo continuos enhancement and we welcome your participation and
encourage you to become co-author of future versions of the software.

INVITATION: If you would like to become a member of the GridSim community and author
modules and involve in enhancement, please let us know.

We welcome your comments, suggestions, cooperation, and involvement in improving the
toolkit.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy and prosperous new year.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes
The GridSim Team

Rajkumar Buyya
School of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Monash University, C5.41, Caulfield Campus
Melbourne, VIC 3145, Australia
Phone: +61-3-9903 1969 (office); +61-3-9571 3629 (home)
Fax: +61-3-9903 2863; eFax: +1-801-720-9272
Email: rajkumar@buyya.com | rajkumar@csse.monash.edu.au