Any help on a proof-of-concept

Hi, there:

I'm a PhD candidate at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I'm
interested with solving a conventional airline scheduling problem with
multiple conflicting objectives by using genetic algorithms. But before
that, I'm wondering if there is any work done regarding to the comparisons
of GA against traditional Benders' decomposition method. I want to do a
proof-of-concept at first: GA may be quicker and more robust than
traditional operations research approach on such topic. Any help or
suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nancy