Fw: Introducing EU/ME - The European Chapter on Metaheuristics

Title: EU/ME Newsletter
EU/ME
EWG European Chapter on Metaheuristics
A new EURO Working Group

EU/ME logo

http://tew.ruca.ua.ac.be/eume

Welcome to EU/ME

EU/ME is the European Chapter on Metaheuristics. Our main goal is to join and provide a forum for metaheuristics researchers and practicioners around the world. By doing this, we hope to improve international collaboration in the field of metaheuristics. As you know, metaheuristics continue to grow in importance. You can join EU/ME on our website by becoming a member.

EU/ME has recently received the status of EURO Working Group. This means that we are now officially a part of the EURO structure (and receive funding too). EURO is the association of European operational research societies.

EU/ME was founded about a year ago and has grown at a steady pace ever since. We now count over 100 members (including som very famous people - take a look at our members list) from about 25 countries around the world.

EU/ME was founded by Marc Sevaux (F), Christelle Wynants (B) and Kenneth Sörensen (B). The EU/ME coordinating team has expanded now to 7 people.

Becoming a member

Becoming a member of EU/ME is free and offers many benefits. Just fill in our membershipform form. Your data will be published on our website (in the members list). This will allow people with the same interests to contact you.

About every two months, you will receive the EU/ME newsletter, keeping you up to date on what is happening in the field of metaheuristics. We provide a list of links to interesting websites related to metaheuristics and a bibliography (both of which are works in progress).

A list of upcoming conferences and other events related to metaheuristics is provided. EU/ME members can add their conferences/workshops/etc. to this list.

We also publish an electronic working paper series. EU/ME members can publish their drafts/working paper in this series.

Planned events

In 2001, we plan among other things, to organise EU/ME sessions at this year's MIC (Metaheuristics International Conference). We will also organise a few social events for the members. One more reason to register!

In the first few months of 2001 we plan to do a survey among our members to find out how we can serve your needs best.

We will keep you informed about all this.

The EU/ME team.
P.S.: EU/ME is pronounced "you and me"

Main Page

Members