CEC'01 CFP - Revised Deadline

Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2001 (CEC2001)
May 27- 30, 2001, COEX Center, Seoul, Korea

*** Dear Colleague,
	We apologise if you receive this message more than once. We have made
every effort to ensure our email lists are non-redundant, but some overlapping
will occur if you are a member of more than one mailing list we advertise on.
If this is the case then please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. ***

Submission Deadline: December 15, 2000 (new)
Homepage: http://cec2001.kaist.ac.kr/

The 2001 Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC2001) will bring together rese
archers to exchange and report recent progress in evolutionary computation and i
ts application to real-world problems. CEC2001 is jointly sponsored by the IEEE
Neural Networks Council, the Evolutionary Programming Society, and the Instituti
on of Electrical Engineers (IEE), and the Institute of Control, Automation and S
ystems Engineers, Korea (ICASE).

TOPICS OF INTEREST
CEC2001 welcomes submissions on all aspects of evolutionary computation, includi
ng but not limited to evolutionary computation theory, evolutionary computation
methodology, and evolutionary computation applications.

PAPER SUBMISSION
The submission deadline is December 15, 2000 (extended). Manuscripts are limited
 to 8 pages in two-column format. Template files are available at http://cec2001
kaist.ac.kr/. Electronic submissions are encouraged and facilities are provided
 on the web site.

PLENARY TALKS
Prominent researchers will be invited as plenary speakers. We are contacting Mic
hael Conrad, Richard Dawkins, John McCaskill, Jordan Pollack, and other experts.

TUTORIALS
Tutorials will provide a means for senior researchers to present an overview of
a field related to evolutionary computation. The current tutorial program includ
es:
- Introduction to Evolutionary Computation (David B. Fogel)
- Evolutionary Search Distributions (Heinz Muehlenbein)
- Evolutionary Computation: A Unified View (Ken DeJong)
- Artificial Immune Systems (Jon Timmis)
- Molecular Computing (Jian-Qin Liu)
- Evolutionary Neural Networks (Xin Yao)
- Genetic Programming Theory (Riccardo Poli)
- Evolutionary Learning and Generalization (Ibrahim Kuscu)
- Building a PC Cluster (Tomo Hiroyasu)
- Evolutionary Hardware (tentative)
- Evolutionary Constraint Optimization (tentative)
- Theory of Evolutionary Computation (to be announced)

SPECIAL SESSIONS
CEC2001 special sessions are to be organized around specific topics in order to
encourage in-depth discussion as an integral part of the CEC2001. The list of ac
cepted special sessions and their organizers is as follows:
- Natural and Physical Science Applications (Gary Fogel)
- Image, Speech & Pattern Recognition Applications (Tuan Pham)
- New Paradigms (Eugene Eberbach)
- Design Automation (Giovanni Squillero)
- Molecular Electronics and Evolutionary Moleware (Jian-Qin Liu)
- Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimization (David Corne)
- Surface and Curve Modeling & Optimization with Evolutionary Computation (Bernh
ard Sendhoff )
- Evolving Neural Networks (Shu-Hung Leung)
- Scheduling (E. K. Burke)
- Grammars in Evolutionary Computation (Bob McKay)
- Particle Swarm Optimization (Yuhui Shi)
- Molecular Evolutionary Computing (Byoung-Tak Zhang)
- Intelligent Agents (Toshio Okamoto)

COMPETITIONS
CEC2001 features interesting competitions for which the winners will be awarded
and the certificates will be given. For now the 5 competitions are announced on
the web as follows:
- Checkers Competition
- Machine Learning Problem
- 2D Design Optimization
- 3D Design Optimization
- Evolutionary Art and Design

IMPORTANT DATES
December 15, 2000: Deadline for Paper Submission
February 15, 2001: Notification of Acceptance
March 15, 2001: Camera-ready Papers Due
May 27, 2001: Tutorials & Workshops
May 28-30, 2001: Technical Sessions

CONTACT POINTS
Further details and up-to-date information on CEC2001 can be found at http://cec
2001.kaist.ac.kr. Further inquiries can be made at:
Tel: +82-42-472-7458
Fax: +82-42-472-7459
E-mail: cec2001@kaist.ac.kr

<CEC2001 General Chair>
Jong-Hwan Kim, KAIST
<Technical Co-Chairs>
 Gary Fogel, Natural Selection Inc.
Ibrahim Kuscu, Univ. of Surrey
Byoung-Tak Zhang, Seoul NatĄŻl Univ.

Enquiries regarding this email should be addressed as discussed in the message
above. This email account is not monitored on a regular basis, so any replies
directly to this message may not receive timely attention