OBUPM-2000: The program of the workshop is now ready.

We're pleased to announce that the list of participants and the program
of the Optimization by Building and Using Probabilistic Models at
GECCO-2000 are now ready. We would like to thank our participants for
the submissions and our program committee members for the help with our
workshop. The workshop is going to take place as a part of GECCO-2000
conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 8th, 2000.

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:

25-minute presentations:

Bosman, P.A.N., Thierens, D.
Continuous Iterated Density Estimation Evolutionary Algorithms Withing
the IDEA Framework.

Ochoa, A., Muehlenbein, H., Soto, M.
Factorized Distribution Algorithms Using Single Connected Bayesian
Networks.

Larranaga, P., Etxeberria, R., Lozano, J.A., Pena, J.M.
Optimization in Continous Domains by Learning and Simulation of Gaussian
Networks.

Mahnig, T., Muehlenbein, H.
Mathematical Analysis of Optimization Methods Using Search
Distributions.

Pelikan, M., David E. Golberg.
Research on the Bayesian Optimization Algorithm.

20-minute presentations:

Monmarche, N., Ramat, E., Desbarats, L., Venturini, G.
Probabilistic Search with Genetic Algorithms and Ant Colonies.

Zhang, B.T.
Bayesian Evolutionary Algorithms for Learning and Optimization.

For more information about the workshop, please visit the workshop home
page at
http://www-illigal.ge.uiuc.edu/obupm/index.html

PROGRAM OF THE WORKSHOP

1:30 - 1:35    General introduction (Martin Pelikan)
1:35 - 1:50    Introduction to the field (Heinz Muehlenbein)
1:50 - 4:35    Presentations
4:35 - 5:00    General discussion

ATTENDANCE

Attendance to the workshop is open to all GECCO-2000 attendees.
GECCO-2000 is a joint meeting of the Fifth Annual Genetic Programming
Conference (GP-2000) and the International Conference on Genetic
Algorithms (ICGA-2000). The conference is administered by the Amercian
Association for Artificial Intelligence, 445 Burgess Drive, Menlo Park,
CA 94025 USA. Phone: 650-328-3123. Fax: 650-321-4457. GECCO-2000 is
operated by the International Society for Genetic Algorithms, Inc.,
a Massachusetts not-for-profit corporation and Genetic Programming,
Inc.,
a California Corporation. Last year, GECCO-99 had 619 attendees and is a
the largest and most inclusive conference in the field of genetic and
evolutionary computation. For more information on GECCO-2000, please
visit the home-page at
http://www.genetic-algorithm.org/GECCO2000/gecco2000mainpage.htm

 Martin Pelikan
 Illinois Genetic Algorithms Laboratory
 University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
 117 Transportation Building
 104 S. Mathews Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801
 tel: (217) 333-2346, fax: (217) 244-5705