Global Optimization Case Studies Book Project

Dear Colleagues,

*** apologies, if you have received multiple copies of this message ***

I am very pleased to inform you that Kluwer Academic Publishers
approved the book project of an edited volume of case studies in
global optimization (GO).

The primary emphasis is on real-world applications - possibly including
also open problems - that apparently need genuine GO methodology.

It is planned that this volume will appear in the NOIA series. For currently
available books in the series, please see http://www.wkap.nl/series.htm/NOIA.

Potential contributors are asked to submit manuscripts based upon original
research. Manuscripts should be of 15-25 pages in length, following one of
the standard Kluwer AP styles. Kluwer stylefiles are available at
http://www.wkap.nl/kaphtml.htm/BOOKSTYLES.

There are four platforms to choose from: LaTeX, MS Word, WordPerfect,
and Scientific Workplace. Under each platform is a self-extracting (.exe)
archive. Please spell-check your contributions before submission.
(For additional information, you can contact dthelp@wkap.com; help with
respect the stylefiles is available from editdept@wkap.nl.)

All contributions will be refereed. Upon acceptance, these will become
stand-alone chapters of the edited volume. I certainly plan to review all
contributions myself, but additional reviewer volunteers will be very much
appreciated. (They do not have to be - but can be - contributing authors,
of course.)

It would be good to complete work on this timely volume as soon as possible,
including the review process. Therefore I would like to ask all
contributors to
submit their work by May 31, 2000. If this deadline seems to be too close,
then please contact me as soon as possible. In any case, I would very much
like to have all contributions refereed by the end of September.

Potential contributors, please send a note that includes a tentative title
for
your contribution (if not done so far). Contributing authors will receive a
copy of this volume from the Publisher.

Reviewers, please send a note regarding areas within GO you are willing to
review (again, if not done so far).

Thank you in advance for your consideration of contributing to this volume.

Best regards,
Janos Pinter

Janos D. Pinter
President  & Research Scientist,
Pinter Consulting Services, Inc. (PCS)
Adjunct Professor, Dalhousie University

PCS address: 129 Glenforest Drive, Halifax, NS, Canada B3M 1J2
Phone: 1-(902)-443-5910
Fax: 1-(902)-457-1664 (orders only; please add PCS phone number
        to all messages)
E-mail: jdpinter@is.dal.ca
WWW Homepage:  http://is.dal.ca/~jdpinter/