Re: Mixed-model assembly line sequencing problem

Hi,

Bodsch, Norbert wrote:
> ... So actually it's a Constraint Satisfaction Problem.
>So my problem is to handle the CSP together with a GA. The main problem is
>that the Genetic operators return infeasible offsprings. As I know, there
>are tree different ways to tackle this:
>a) Strong Penalties
>b) Repair Function
>c) Sophisticated GA problem representation and Genetic operators that
>produce feasible offsprings.

  If can model your problem as a CSP over finite domains, using a Constraint
Programming Language like ILOG Solver, the approach presented in the following
paper may help you:

A. Ruiz-Andino, J. J. Ruz.
"Integration of Constraint Programming and Evolution Programs: Application to
Channel Routing". Proc. of the 11th Int. Conf. on Industrial and Engineering
Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems. Benicasim, Spain,
June 1998. LNAI 1415, Springer-Verlag, pp. 448-459.

  Alvaro

Alvaro Ruiz-Andino Illera            Phone: +34 91 394 43 79
Dpto. de Sist. Informáticos y Prog.  Fax:   +34 91 394 46 02
Fac. CC. Matemáticas                 e-mail: alvaro@sip.ucm.es
Universidad Complutense de Madrid    mozart.sip.ucm.es/members/ARA.html
28040 Madrid - SPAIN