GECCO 2000 Call for Papers

A Call for Papers for the
GENETIC AND EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION CONFERENCE
is attached.   We have added  a special track on
genetic scheduling methods.   Approximately 12
papers on the topic appeared in GECCO 1999.

Darrell Whitley

			       GECCO-2000
		  Call for Papers and Participation
  http://www.genetic-algorithm.org/GECCO2000/gecco2000mainpage.htm

			     8-12 July, 1999
                              Riviera Hotel
		         Las Vegas,  Nevada USA

                  SUBMISSION DEADLINE:  January 26, 2000

			   A Recombination of
     the Fifth Annual Genetic Programming Conference (GP-2000)
  and the International Conference on Genetic Algorithms (ICGA-2000)

  In cooperation with American Association for Artificial Intelligence
     and in association with PPSN:  Parallel Problem Solving from Nature

GENERAL CHAIR: Darrell Whitley,  Colorado State University, whitley@cs.colostate.edu

PROGRAM CHAIRS:

Genetic Programming and Evolvable Hardware (GP/EH):     Lee Spector
Genetic Algorithms/Classifier Systems (GA/CS):  David Goldberg and Erick Cantu-Paz
Evolution Strategies/Evolutionary Programming (ES/EP):  Hans-Georg Beyer
Real World Computing:   Ian Parmee

The 2000 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2000)
will present the latest high quality research in the growing field of
genetic and evolutionary computation.  Topic area include the following:

  Genetic Algorithms                   Genetic Programming
  Evolvable Hardware                   Classifiers
  Evolution Strategies                 Evolutionary Programming
  Real World Applications              Neural Networks and Data Mining
  Evolutionary Robotics                DNA and Molecular Computing
  Genetic Scheduling, TSP              Ant Colony Optimization
  Mathematical Foundations of EAs      Artificial Life/Adaptive Behavior/Agents

FREE TUTORIALS

Wolfgang Banzhaf -- Genetic Programming with Linear Genomes
Hans-Georg Beyer -- Introduction to Evolution Strategies
Forrest H Bennett III -- Analog Circuit Design via GP
Russell Deaton and Stephen Karl -- Introduction to DNA Computing
Marco Dorigo -- Introduction to Ant Colony Optimization
Alex Freitas -- Data Mining with Evolutionary Algorithms
David Goldberg -- An Idiosyncratic Introduction to GAs
Robert Heckendorn -- Polynomial Time Walsh Analysis
Tetsuya Higuchi -- Evolvable Hardware
John R. Koza -- Introduction to Genetic Programming
William B. Langdon -- Genetic Programming Data Structures
Zbigniew Michalewicz -- Constraint Optimization using EAs
Peter Nordin -- Machine Code Genetic Programming
Guenter Rudolph -- Theory of Real Coded EAs
Conon Ryan -- Automatic Parallelization Using GP
Alan Schultz and Mitch Potter -- Evolutionary Robotics
Moshe Sipper -- Cellular Programming
Michael Vose -- Genetic Algorithm Theory

BIRD-OF-A-FEATHER WORKSHOPS

Thematic workshops on a variety of topics will be held during the conference.
Annie Wu (aswu@cs.ucf.edu) will again chair the workshops and is
seeking proposals for workshop topics.

SUBMITTING PAPERS

The deadline for ARRIVAL at the physical address of the AAAI of eight (8) paper
copies of each submitted paper is Wednesday, January 26, 2000.  The address
is GECCO-2000, c/o AAAI, 445 Burgess Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA.
Phone:  650-328-3123   Submission Instructions are available from the webpage.
http://www.genetic-algorithm.org/GECCO2000/gecco2000mainpage.htm

Papers will be published and presented as part of the main conference
proceedings only after being peer reviewed (except for up to three invited
plenary speakers). The peer review process will be conducted by specialized
program subcommittees, each with expertise in the area of the submitted paper.

ADMINISTRATION

GECCO-2000 is administered by the conference staff of the American Association
for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 445 Burgess Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA.
Phone: 650-328-3123. FAX: 650-321-4457. E-MAIL: gecco@aaai.org.
| Darrell Whitley            EMAIL:  whitley@cs.colostate.edu     |  .>/ _
| Computer Science           PHONE: (970) 491-5373                |(*),\(*)
| Colorado State University  FAX: (970) 491-2466                  |